Newborn Essentials Checklist: Everything You Need to Prepare For Your Baby
Having a new baby can be pure bliss, but it can also be strenuous and overwhelming in equal measure as they don’t exactly come with a user manual.
Especially for first time parents, you may yourself being in a situation of being presented with too many choices, especially for baby skincare.
To help you prepare of the arrival of your baby, here’s a couple of pointers to take note of to help you cherish those newborn moments.
1. Baby Bath Time Essentials
Look out for gentle baby cleansers that are safe, mild and effective, such as Buds Cherished Organics Precious Newborn Head to Toe Cleanser, that helps to gently wash and remineralise newborn skin.
The result is a simple and kind concoction that removes dirt and grime without harming baby’s delicate skin.
After gently drying off with a towel, be sure to apply generous amounts of Buds Cherished Organics Precious Newborn Cream to protect your baby’s skin and promote skin hydration with the help of key ingredients such as Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter with Inca Inchi Oil.
2. Newborn Nappy Care
Infants have very sensitive skin, so it’s important to use the right kind of diaper and lotion. According to the UK’s NHS, 1 in 4 babies and toddlers will have nappy rash at any one time.
For diapers, they should be as soft as possible. The best thing is to try different kinds to see which one works best for your baby. Diapers need to be changed often and the diaper should be changed every two hours or sooner if it’s soiled.
Babies are prone to diaper rash because they have sensitive skin. Diaper rash is caused by bacteria or fungi that live on the skin or in the faeces. It usually starts as redness around the anus and then spreads up to cover a large part of the baby’s bottom.
To prevent diaper rash, applying Buds Everyday Organics Nappy Time Change Cream containing Bisabolol and Vitamin E can help soothe inflamed skin and protect against further infection.
After a rash, follow this set of advice to help your baby’s skin recover faster:
- Change dirty nappies as soon as possible
- Clean the entire nappy area gently but thoroughly, paying attention to folds, and wiping from front to back
- Do not use talcum powder as it contains irritants
- Making sure that your baby’s nappy fits comfortably. It shouldn’t be too tight as to cause skin irritation and not too loose as the nappy wouldn’t be able to soak up urine properly.
3. Overall Outdoor Armour
The American Academy of Pediatrics generally recommends to keep babies below 6 months out of direct sunlight due to their delicate skin, however if you must venture outside, here’s a list of newborn essentials for the challenging outdoors:
Try to limit your baby’s sun exposure between 10:00 am to 4:00 pm when the UV rays are strongest.
- Dress your baby in lightweight long-sleeved shirts and cotton pants for both sun & mosquito protection.
- Don your baby with a 3-inch brim to cover face, ears & back of the neck
- Choose baby-safe sunscreens that contain non-toxic, mineral-based ingredients such as Titanium Dioxide, that reflects UVA & UVB rays, such as Buds Everyday Organics Solar Care Lotion
- Apply a layer of mosquito repellent on your baby’s uncovered skin areas. An example would be Buds Cherished Organics Mozzie Clear Lotion that contains Citronella Oil to naturally repel mosquitoes and other insects
Taking care of a newborn baby is no easy task, be it from choosing the correct organic baby skincare to selecting the right baby equipment. However, by diligently following this checklist, we are confident that taking care of your baby will be a walk in the park.
For more information, visit Buds Organics – Certified Organic Baby, Kids & Mother Skincare.